1/27/16 | Texas Pools and Patios
8 Surprising Benefits of In-Ground Spa Ownership
In-ground spas are great, everyone know that. The hot, soothing water and relaxing jets are great for chasing away stress and the aches of daily life, but regular in-ground spa use can do a lot more than just relax you after a hard day. Check out these surprising benefits of in-ground spa ownership!
The Benefits of Using In-Ground Spas
- Healthier sleep patterns – Soaking in an in-ground spa raises your body temperature; when you step out of the warmth, your body temperature quickly drops back to normal. This rapid change induces a feeling of sleepiness which can make falling asleep and staying asleep easier for those plagued with insomnia.
- Deep clean – The heat and moisture of an in-ground spa will open your pores. This can help clear away impurities in your skin and even some impurities in your system. An in-ground spa soak can burn off excess alcohol if you indulged a bit too much the night before. Be careful not to drink while in an in-ground spa, as it can actually intensify your body’s reaction to the alcohol.
- Improve circulation – Heat opens blood vessels, which can improve circulation and even lower blood pressure.
- Sooth headaches – Many times headaches are caused by muscle tension and stress. A well placed water jet and ten to fifteen minutes of heat can often relieve the most painful tension headache. Another common cause of headaches is a narrowing of blood vessels in the head. As mentioned earlier in this article, an in-ground spa soak can expand those vessels and relieve your headache.
- Congestion clearing – Heat and moisture can loosen chest congestion and make it easier to cough up and clear away. The artificial elevation of body temperature can also mimic the effects of a fever and do away with some viruses before they get a chance to take hold.
- Exercise – Spending time in an in-ground spa raises the heart rate while opening blood vessels; this is similar to the effects of mild exercise. Twenty minutes in an in-ground spa, three times a week can have an effect similar to the same amount of light aerobic exercise without any stress to muscles or joints. This is a perfect solution for those that cannot do weight bearing exercises.
- Type 2 diabetes – Studies have shown regular in-ground spa use to lower blood sugar, aid weight loss and generally improve health for those with type 2 diabetes.
- Inflammation – An in-ground spa can aid in the healing of pulled muscles, damaged tendons or ligaments and inflamed joints by increasing circulation and reducing inflammation.